Friday, July 12, 2002

Minority Report
Went to see it on Wednesday. I thought it was good, but not brilliant. Great special effects, decent acting, and the script was quite good too. But I felt just something was missing that stopped this being a great movie. Tom Cruise was excellent, and generally Spielberg handled the material well, including his typical touchy-feeling ending, but still, I felt there was just some intangible lacking. I’d recommend it because it is a good film, and unlike most blockbusters, it actually makes you think. Perhaps this was bad, but I couldn’t help comparing it to AI (another futuristic film, also done by Spielberg in part) and I really don’t know which I preferred. I thought AI was brilliant, a sublime film ruined by a “nice” ending. Minority Report is a merely good, but not ruined by its nice ending. Hmm, too much thinking, need more caffeine.

Quote of the Day
There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but only one view” - Harry Millner

No comments: