Saturday, February 01, 2003

However, the second workshop I went to was presented by an advertising agency called Lowe who are based in London and it was really inspirational. I basically only signed up to this one because I thought it might be interesting, however, it was a real eye-opener. The two people who came in were recent graduates, and, although I understand they were here to do this, they really did make working in advertising seem like an attractive proposition. It certainly made me evaluate what I want to do after Uni. Although everyone wants to work on the creative aspect of things (i.e. dreaming up adverts and getting to film them), most of what they described sounded pretty exciting as well. Plus, 75% of the people in the workshop were attractive blonde women. (Not that I’m motivated by pretty women or anything, but, you know, it’s a consideration).

Quote of the Day
It’s like a cross between Marx and Nietzsche, with added Hun-hate and a bit of Susannah Constantine and Trinny Woodall”” - Zoe Williams of the Guardian assesses the state of videogaming today

No comments: