Monday, December 16, 2002

I have had some pretty wicked presents down the years though. When I was 4 I got a massive Thomas the Tank Engine stuffed toy that I still own to this day (though I can’t ride it in the same way I used to and it’s a little bit grubby now), plus my first Mountain Bike which was so big when I got it I had to mount it with me on the pavement and the bike on the road, and my Super Nintendo which I still have tucked away in my wardrobe and occasionally bring out to reminisce with. Childhood is such a wonderful, innocent time and I’ll never forget the excitement of coming downstairs to find the mince pie and beer I had lovingly laid out had gone and the massive bags we left under our tree were full of presents. Running upstairs and shouting repeatedly at my parents “He’s been! He’s been!” has to be one of the most magical moments a child can experience. It’s not the same now, especially as I know that the mince pie and beer were wasted on my dad all those years, but seeing the faces of my nephew and niece when they come round on Christmas morning is almost, ALMOST, as good as being 7 years old again.

Space Year 2003
I’m fast approaching the halfway point of my second year at Uni, and I still have no idea what I want to do when I finish. I would really like to go into journalism, but its extremely competitive and the pay isn’t great. I don’t think I have what it takes to be the next David Beckham or the Extreme Ironing World Champion (actually, I haven’t done any ironing for over 12 months, quite a feat I think you’ll agree) so I’m going to have to go back to the drawing board and think of something a little more realistic. Hmmm, perhaps when the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve, in my 100% sober state, I’ll have an epiphany that will map out where my life is heading in the next few years. Or maybe I’ll just stagger a few feet before collapsing in the middle of the road.

Quote of the Day
The definition of a beautiful woman is one who loves me” - Sloan Wilson

No comments: